In a moment that a global pandemic has you self-quarantined and social distancing and a global market collapse has you terrified about the future and bad leadership has you curled up on under your bed, there is only one perfect solution! Listening to a podcast. That’s what’s called finding the silver lining. Can we find them with the multiple calamities that have befallen us in the past few weeks (and years…well, since the dawn of time if you want to be accurate)? That’s one of the things we discuss with Sharon Weinberger, DC bureau chief of Yahoo News, Ed Luce of the Financial Times, Kori Schake of the American Enterprise Institute and Rosa Brooks of Georgetown Law. Don’t miss it (especially when the alternative is interacting with other people who are likely to be teeming with germs.)
This episode of Deep State Radio is brought to you by The New Yorker. The New Yorker publishes the best writing by the most influential authors in the world, with award-winning reporting, political commentary and cultural criticism, fiction and poetry, cartoons, and more.
- In addition to the weekly print magazine, NewYorker.com has become a daily digital destination for news and cultural coverage, with a complementary iOS app that provides the best of both worlds.
- The New Yorker has won the trust of generations of readers due to its commitment to truth and accuracy, for the quality of its writing, and for its insistence on exciting and moving every reader.
The New Yorker has a special offer for Deep State Radio listeners.
● 12 weeks for just $6 (regularly $12) plus The New Yorker tote bag
● Home delivery of the print edition each week
● Unlimited access to newyorker.com with 10-15 exclusive site-only stories every day
● Access to our apps, online archive dating back to 1925, crossword puzzles, and more
Visit newyorker.com/deepstate and enter code DEEPSTATE at checkout.